Google
 

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Running

I mentioned yesterday how I've gravitated to bicycling instead of running, but I do still run at least once a week--sometimes more. When I was in high school, I ran all of the time. What's funny is I was so comptetative, I would kill myself before I'd let someone pass me on the track. Seriously, my side would be hurting, calfs cramping, but I'd still run. I've since learned that an 8 min or 10 min or 12 min or however long mile is the same distance as a 6 min mile. Just because it may take you a little longer to go the same distance as someone else is no reason to give up exercising. It doesn't mean you're any less of a person. The key to health, and weight-loss, is exercise. It's a proven fact that, on an average, people who exercise live a longer, healthier life. So, just because it may take you 20 minutes to walk a mile doesn't mean you're just wasting your time. Keep it up. Soon the 20 minutes will turn into 18 minutes, then 15 minutes and so on. KEEP IT UP!!!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=51ab54e6da4e6705370670cdeef8e8a3