Google
 

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pitching Machine

I am coaching a 7-8 year old pitching machine team this year. Believe it or not, it's a blast. The kids are great. Our record is a modest 2 and 3, but, for what it's worth, the two teams that handed us our 3 losses are loaded with 8 year olds. My team and one other team have more 7 year olds and even a couple of 6 year olds. There are 4 teams in our league...it's a small town. Last night was the game of the year. We came from 4 down in the bottom of the 5th to win 11 to 10. I wish everyone could have seen these boys. They were so excited you would have thought that they had won the World Series. What made it so great was that Aiden, our short-stop, had been called out twice for throwing his bat, but he came through with the walk-off GRAND SLAM. Of course, it was a heartbreaker for the other kids, and I hate to see any kid lose like that, but our boys were great.

What makes coaching these kids so great is not only being able to maybe make a difference in there lives, but it's also my exercise on Sundays. We usually practice on Sundays, and I run with them, and just have a great time outside. Anyway, I thought I'd just brag on my team.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=51ab54e6da4e6705370670cdeef8e8a3